Thursday, December 10, 2009

Guilty Pleasure

Muse: be absorbed in thought, The OC, Josh Schwartz, Adam Brody, Mischa Barton, Rachel Bilson, Ben McKenzie, Peter Gallagher, Seth Cohen, Sandy Cohen, Marissa Cooper, Ryan Atwood, Summer RobertsI have a confession to make. I was, and still am, a huge fan of The OC. I think it's safe to say that it was one of my favorite TV shows of all time. I realize that not many people liked the show (although someone must have, because it did make it four seasons), but I always seem to pick the shows that no one else likes (i.e. Friday Night Lights). I had somewhat forgotten about how much I loved the show, but this weeks episode of Gossip Girl (which was created by Josh Schwartz, who also created The OC) caused me to reminisce, and I just had to watch an episode. Man, do I love The OC. I thought I would highlight for you just some of the reasons I love the show:

1) It had, by far, the best soundtrack of any television show ever. Every song is perfectly chosen and perfectly placed in the episode (perhaps the music directors for New Moon could have taken a few pointers from Alexandra Patsavas).

2) It has the perfect mix of drama and comedy (it is, after all, a self-described dramedy). Much of the comedy is thanks to number three...

3) Adam Brody as Seth. He is absolutely hilarious, and basically, I love him. He has some of the best lines in the show, not to mention the fact that he invented Chrismukkah ("eight days of presents, followed by one day of many presents").
Muse: be absorbed in thought, The OC, Seth Cohen, Adam Brody4) Sandy and Kirsten Cohen. They are some of the coolest TV parents of all time (right up there with Mike and Carol Brady).
Muse: be absorbed in thought, Sandy and Kirsten Cohen, Peter Gallagher, Kelly Rowan5) There are a million other inexplicable reasons I love this show, but I wanted to keep this relatively short.

So basically, if you like dramedy and haven't seen this show, I suggest you give it a try. I think it is definitely an acquired taste, so you just need to give it a chance. Also, if you are out Christmas shopping and happen to see a DVD box set...I'm just saying, I don't own any of them...yet. ;)

0 comments: