Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm still alive!

So, I am fully aware that I have not updated in over a month. This is mostly due to the fact that I haven't had much to say (hard to believe, I know), but also due to the fact that I have been extremely lethargic lately. The seasonal depression has definitely set in hard-core and I find myself sitting around listening to music about summer and hoping that spring will come sooner rather than later.

That said, I realize that almost anyone else living in snow-country (which is actually most of the US right now, apparently there is snow on the ground in 49 states) is probably feeling the same way. Therefore, I would like to share a blog that has certainly been a ray of sunshine for me throughout this dreadful Michigan winter. It's called 1000 Awesome Things. Basically every weekday they post one "awesome thing." Some examples of previous posts include:

#572 Learning a new keyboard shortcut
#585 Figuring out the plot twist just before they reveal it
#916 The sound of scissors cutting construction paper
#921 Snow days
#937 The smell of rain on a hot sidewalk
As a person who tends to get really excited about little things like this, I find myself nodding in agreement every time I read the newest post. If you are like me and you enjoy trivial things, I highly suggest adding this blog to your Google Reader or RSS feed of choice. It's definitely a spirit-lifter.


0 comments: